Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Selection from Psalm 116

I love the Lord because He hears my voice
and my prayer for mercy
Because He bends down to listen
I will pray as long as I have breath!
Death wrapped its ropes around me;
the terrors of the grave overtook me
I saw only trouble and sorrow
Then I called on the Name of the Lord;
"Please, Lord, save me!"
How kind the Lord is!
How good He is!
So merciful, this God of ours!
The Lord protects those of childlike faith;
Let my soul be at rest again,
for the lord has been good to me.

He has saved me from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling.
And so I walk in the Lord's presence
as I live here on earth


Our family has had some exciting trips and adventures this summer so far, and it has been great! I wish I could say that everything in life is peaches and cream, but there have been some things that we have been facing that have been pretty stressful too, and pretty overwhelming. Sometimes, when I feel like giving up, and I can't feel God's presence, I just begin to read the Psalms. As I was reading them last night, this passage really struck me. Later on, I was rocking Shiloh to sleep and all of a sudden I just felt the Lord's presence come, and He just said, " I am here, I am with you!"

No comments: