Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Isaac Overcomes!




My parents have a jet ski up at their cabin and the whole summer, Isaac has been afraid to ride it. Every time we mention him going on the jet ski he kicks his legs and hops up and down and shouts "no! It's too scary!" I had been talking to Isaac about how he cannot let fear control him and keep him from doing things in his life and that he needs to trust God that He will keep Isaac safe and that Mommy will not let anything happen to him. He had been talking with me about that for about a month, but still would not go on the jet ski. Finally, right before we left to come home last week, we had abreakthrough with him dealing with fear. I know it may seem silly, since it is just a jet ski, but to him, it was real fear. I know what fear is like and that it can take root in us when we are children and turn into a real debihilitating stronghold when we are adults in different areas of our lives, so I really wanted Isaac to overcome this! I was taking Bubby, who of course, loves the jet ski and has no fear of the water or going FAST! Isaac was standing at the end of the dock looking at Bub and I, and I asked him one more time, "Come on Isaac, don't be afraid! God is going to help you overcome that fear. Come with Mommy and Bubby." And, he said yes! A small victory, but an important one