Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bubby Prayed!


We have been really struggling with Bubby over the last couple of weeks with his attitude and whining, and I have to admit, it has been really sanctifying! We just couldn't seem to get a breakthrough with him, and I have been very troubled by his lack of response to me during these times lately. I had been praying about it and seeking some counsel, and today, something happened. All day today, Bubby has had a really good attitude, and has been happy and listening to my instruction very well. At naptime, I was putting Isaac and Bubby down for their nap and I was telling them a story that I was making up as I went along. I was rocking Bubby in my lap and a story came on my heart, which I think was from the Lord, about Isaac and Bubby when they are grown up. The story was about them buying a red and white airplane and filling it with food and water and bibles and flying over the ocean to Africa and other countries where there were many little children who were hungry and thristy and have never heard the gospel and the Good News of Jesus. I was telling the boys this story about how they would climb in the big red and white airplane and fly over the ocean to hand out the food and water and bibles to the little children and their families and tell them all about Jesus as they read their new bibles. At this point, Bubby said, "Where is Jesus?" and I told him, "Jesus is up in heaven and he sends his Holy Spirit down to earth to fill our hearts if we ask Him to!" and then Bubby said, "Jesus is in MY heart!" and I said, "Is he? You can ask Him to come into your heart and be your Lord and forgive you of your disobedience, and He will fill your heart with joy!" and then, my little two and a half year old son said, " Jesus, come into my heart, amen" and "fill me up!" Bubby has said little prayers before, but always repeating after Mama, and not really on his own very much. But this was different! I knew it was coming from his heart, and I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. I believe that it was a sincere prayer of faith towards God, and even though he is really little and will make many mistakes as he matures, this will be a turning point in his heart towards the Lord. Thank you Jesus! What a testimony. Even when I fail as a mother and make so many mistakes, and am impatient with my children, and so many other things, God is still so merciful to me! What a wonderful God we serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got tears in my eyes, Alyssa. What a marvelous gift for you to be there with Bubby when that happened. God is so good. He knows just what we need and when we need it :)

Grant said...

that's awesome Alyssa!