Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Stand Before Him

Your words were found and I ate them, and
Your words became for me a
joy and the delight of my heart
;
For I have been called by Your name,
O Lord God of hosts.

I did not sit in the cirle
of the merrymakers,
Nor did I exult.
Because Your hand was heavy upon me,
I sat alone.


For You filled me with indignation.
Why has my pain been perpetual
and my wound incurable,

refusing to be healed?
Will You indeed be to me like a deceptive stream
With water that is unreliable?

Therefore, thus says the Lord,
"If you return,
then I will restore you,
Before Me you will stand;
and if you extract the precious from the worthless
You will become my spokesman

They for their part may turn to you,
But as for you,
you must not turn to them.

Then I will make you to this people
a fortified wall of bronze
and though they fight against you
they will not prevail over you
for I am with you to save you
and deliver you", declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 15:16-20

I was reading this passage yesterday and the Lord was showing me some amazing things!
Jeremiah says that because of the Lord's hand upon him, he did not take part in the lawless partying and revelry around him. He knew that he was to stand before God alone and account for what was in his heart. And not only that, his heart was filled with indignation that those around him were not following God with their hearts. God spoke to Jeremiah and told him that if he would return to the Lord and extract the precious from the worthless, he would be God's spokesman to the people. God is interested in holiness. Holiness is not religion, it is not the keeping of the law. It is the condition of purity in your heart towards God and those around you.

"Come, let us return to the Lord.
For He has torn us,
but He will heal us;
He has wounded us,
but He will bind up our wounds.
He will revive us after two days;
He will raise us up on the third day,
That we may live before Him.

So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord."
Hosea 6:1-3a

Why does the Lord "wound us" and "tear us"? He does it to free us of the selfishness and wickedness that we cling to. He has to tear theres things away from us if we will not let them go. He does it to make us like Him, so that we may know Him better and be free of the ways of the world that only bring death! God is not cruel, but He is just. And He cares for our sanctification, not our comfort.He wants to bring us into true freedom and joy in our spirits that we may glorify Him, and sometimes that process is painful. So if you feel wounded, return to Him! He will heal you, He will free you. Though we don't understand His ways, and we don't understand why He lets us struggle, we can trust his love. I let my children struggle so that they learn how to accomplish what is before them, I let them struggle to make them stronger, even though I could do it for them. I let them struggle to bring them to maturity, because of my love for them, and that is also why I train them!

"Let us press on, for we will reap in due season, if we faint not."
"It is not by might nor power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord."


On a side note! Here are some cute pictures of our little flock(:




No comments: