Thursday, August 14, 2008

Goodbye TV!


We decided to get rid of our TV this week, we actually sold it on craigslist! It was so funny, because it was such a spiritual battle to get rid of that thing. When James and I first got married, we did not want a TV in our house. That was just something we had in our hearts to do, and later on a TV was given to us, and then when we finished our basement, we bought another one for the basement. James works really hard, and it is nice to relax at night and watch TV, BUT, it had become such a distraction to our time, so we decided to sell it and be done with it for good. I went back and forth in my mind, oh, we should keep it for such and such a reason, then I wanted to sell it and I just went back and forth on it like that. But I have to say that when it was finally out of our bedroom, what a relief! The atmosphere in our bedroom is just so peaceful and to be honest, the whole atmosphere in the house is more peaceful. Amen!
and here's a sweet sweet picture of my darling little baby girl(:

2 comments:

bruce said...

She is precious.!

Lynn and I gave away our TV once and sold our first color TV. TV can run you life. It it good to kill TV's that distract. You will be a lot happier without it.

Blessings, Bruce

James Eric and Alyssa Rose said...

It has been good! The last few nights James and I have been spending a lot more time reading our bible and have been getting to bed earlier. I am loving it