Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fire!


James and I were reading the kids their night time bible story the other night, and we were reading the story of Pentecost. Isaac pointed to the flames of fire on the disciples head, and wanted to know why there was fire on them. We have always told the kids, "don't touch fire, you will get burned!" so he didn't understand how the fire on their heads could be a good thing! We explained to him that it was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit manifesting as fire upon the people, and something amazing happened. Isaac closed his little eyes and squinched up his little nose and prayed and said, "God, I want some FIRE on me!" then he did it again. "God, I want some FIRE on me!" It was so amazing to see our little son say those words! How many of us are so content, me included sometimes, to go through our day without the fire of God upon us? When Isaac prayed that prayer, my heart rejoiced, and I remembered how earnestly I had prayed that prayer when I was a new believer. May we all come to Him like children, saying "God, I want some fire on me!" (:

1 comment:

bruce said...

Nice !
I love the purity of little children.
Blessings, Bruce